Friday, September 23, 2011

"Introduction"

(I do not plan for all my post to be this long.  But to introduce my blog and the purposes behind it, I found it necessary for this one to be a little longer.)

For the past few months, I have been in a transitional state.  Let me explain...


I have 3 kids.  My newest, Jackson, will be 10 months at the end of this month.  Since I had him in November, I have felt like my brain is frazzled and I haven't been able to get anything done!  Now, it wasn't the new baby's fault.  He is actually a very good and easy going baby.  My mom told me that the 3rd child made things harder.  And boy was she right!  I had just not done anything to prepare for this and at the time was not aware that I needed to prepare.  Besides, I already had 2 children.  I had this parenting/mothering thing down, right?  HA!  Not the case, as I so quickly realized.  My house was a mess, me and my kids were a mess (Literally, finding time to bathe them AND myself was a challenge) and I had forgotten to put time spent with God and my husband at the top of my priorities.  I felt like I was always running but accomplishing nothing.  I got to the point that something had to give. My life was spinning out of control.  I was not managing my home (1Ti 5:14) the way that God intends for me to and because of that, I was lost! I had to make a change and I looked to God and His Word as to how to make that change.  He has shown me and taught me so much since I determined to live my life in a way that honors and glorifies God.  He is so faithful and good!

I shared this new found treasure with a few lady friends of mine and they found it as true and useful as I did.  I feel like God is leading me to share with even more women what He has in His Word for us ladies!

The idea of blogging has never crossed my mind until now.  I prayed for God's direction in this and believe that He is calling me to do this.

I have 3 main goals in my heart for this blog that I believe was placed there by God.
1) To spread the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ to as many people as possible.
2) To share with women what God has shown me about who we are in Him, not who the world says we are.
3) To share practical ways that we as women can organize, arrange and live our lives in a way that honors and glorifies God so as to make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.(Titus 2:10)

I will not pretend to have it all together or pretend that I know everything there is to know.  On the contrary, I still have much to learn and long to absorb everything the Word of God has for me.  I am not perfect, only one man that walked this Earth was perfect, and that is Jesus Christ. If we look to anyone else for perfection, we will be disappointed.  I have asked a lady, who is a Christian and who I trust will do a good job, to proof read everything I write before I post it in an attempt to weed out grammatical mistakes but more importantly to make sure that what I write lines up with the Word of God, HOWEVER, make no mistake about this, I am not doing this in my own knowledge and strength.  I write in complete humility and dependency on God to teach me daily and show me what it is He wants me to share.  Without Him, I can do nothing! Please join me and let's seek God's plan for our lives as women of God. Let's commit to "Learn on Our Way "Home" (to Heaven that is!) every new day that God gives us  breath!

No comments: