Saturday, September 24, 2011

I have an attitude!?

I want to share about an area in my life that God has revealed to me was not honoring Him.  It was my attitude, in many areas, but more specifically, my attitude toward my husband.  For years, I would focus on what HE needed to change and what HE was doing wrong and doing the wrong way.  I would talk til I was blue in the face to my husband about things that I thought he should do differently.  And I prayed.  Man, did I pray!  AND, God answered me…just not in the way I had expected.  He showed me that I am not my husband’s Holy Spirit, that is God's job. He showed me that the real problem was my attitude about the things that my husband did.  He showed me I can not change one thing about my husband.  Not his mind, not his heart, not his ways.  However, I could change the way I viewed his mind, his heart and his ways.  I could choose to see him the way God sees him…and me!  God showed me that my husband, no different than myself, was a sinful human being in need of God’s grace, mercy and forgiveness.   That I should extend grace, mercy and forgiveness to my husband even when, and especially when, he messes up because God has done the same for me.  God also showed me that while He is working with me in a specific area of my life, He is also working just the same with my husband in his life, it just may not be in the same area at the same time.  He also showed me that His timing is always perfect and that He has promised that the good work He has started in us, he will finish (Philippians 1:6).  So, I can rejoice in the Lord always (Philippians 4:4) despite the fact that everything is not always perfect in my marriage and know that every change God is making in my life and my husbands is right on time according to God’s perfect will.

No comments: